As the post is not intended to give lessons to professionals who, on the other hand, do not need them, we will focus on making the basic elements to prepare a good espresso coffee known to those who enjoy them in bars, cafes, and other hospitality establishments.
We will also think of those who have a homemade machine to prepare an espresso, offering a friend, yes, whenever you allow us, some basic recommendations for obtaining a good espresso.
There are 4 essential elements to prepare a good espresso coffee:
- It is essential to have great coffee. The barista can be an artist, but he does not work miracles, from a bad coffee, you will never get a good espresso.
- The degree of grinding, since espresso coffee requires obtaining a fine grind of the coffee bean. Approximately the texture of the sugar grains. At Cafés Sabora we are always in favor of grinding coffee daily, so if you do it at home or you grind the coffee to a fine grain, you will get a better espresso.
- The other great ingredient for a good espresso as you will suppose is water if the water is of quality your espresso coffee will be better than if the water has flavors or odours that attack the aroma and flavor of the coffee, your coffee will be a bad coffee.
- Having a good espresso machine that delivers water with enough pressure and the right temperature to get the best out of coffee.
Let us now focus briefly on the express coffee machine, and its main component is the pressure pump, which is what differentiates these coffee machines from others that obtain coffee by dripping, using the gravity exerted by the earth so that the hot waterfalls to through coffee and with a filter.
Some recommendations in case you prepare your espresso:
Espresso machines do not use the coffee that we can normally buy in supermarkets, either soluble or ground coffee beans.
If the quality of the water that comes out of your tap at home is not good or the water is simply very alkaline, it is advisable to use mineral water or filter the water before to prepare the espresso coffee.
The Cream Obtained From The Process Of Making An Espresso Is Significant
The quality of the work can be average evaluating the final result of the coffee.
- A dark color, with a white dot or a black hole in the middle, indicates that the espresso has been over-extracted because the coffee has been ground too fine, too much coffee was used to prepare the drink or the extraction time has been very long.
- Light and inconsistent color indicates low coffee extraction. Possibly due to short extraction time or that the amount of coffee is less than required, a coarser degree of grinding of the idea, or even the combination of several of the above factors in the production of espresso coffee.
Remember that the machine requires maintenance and periodically you must clean and remove the remains that may have accumulated in the coffee maker.
It is convenient to clean it after each use in case it is a homemade machine that tends to have little use; otherwise, it runs the risk of spoiling the next coffee.
You should always store the coffee in a tightly closed container, and in a cool, dry and light-free place. Remember that coffee is one hundred per cent natural product and is affected by the environment, humidity, light, odors, etc.